Monday, March 7, 2011

loving on demi

There is an amazing Taiwanese restaurant called Demi in Bangkok.  My boyfriend and I have been frequenting this establishment on pretty much a weekly basis for the past few months.  I've been enamored with the food; almost everything that is served is fragrant, caramel colored and gustatorily perfect.

A few weeks ago, we paid Demi a visit and ordered vegetarian fried shrimp.  What came to us was a plate of approximately sixteen balls of gummy, shredded gluten pasted together with tempura batter, fried creamy yellow.  These balls were perched on a bed pineapple chunks, also yellow.  Resting on the balls was a dressing of sweetened mayonnaise expertly applied by someone with the skill and ardour of the abstract expressionist Jackson Pollock.  On top of the mayonnaise were a dash of candy sprinkles.



It tasted just as it looks and sounds.



This, while perhaps not delicious, is by far the most exciting dish Demi has to offer.

It makes me happy that one of my favorite restaurants in Bangkok offers in real life a culinary regret willed by some drunk with an eating disorder. 


P.S.  I really wanted to write this as a food review for one of my favorite haute cuisine blogs ever, food party, but I don't think that will happen.  More importantly, though, is that Food Party is also a super amazing cooking show on IFC.  Everyone should know about and watch this show because it is, as I just wrote, super amazing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers